Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Apr 2006
Are homopathic tablets addictive when used for constipation?
I have been struggling recently with constipation. I try to eat as much fibre as possible, I drink banana and oats smoothies in the mornings, I eat wholewheat products but it gets better and then I go back to struggling with the constipation. I have been meaning to go to a homeopath to get some advice, but saw some homopathic tablets in the pharmacy for constipation which you take 10 minutes before eating. I have only been using this for 2 days, but I am scared that this may be addictive or bad for my stomach. Can you please give me some advice.
Homoepathic remedies are not addictive when used for constipation. But make sure it is not herbal e.g. contains senna or cascara - these might be addictive.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
- Trichomonas gallinae disease or canker killing birds in Eastern Cape?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19881 votes