Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
16 Apr 2006
Fibromyalgia & Adrenal Fatigue
I live in Cape Town and have self diagnosed myself to have the above conditions and would like to know where I can go to receive confirmation and help. I have suffered from extreme stress over the last few years and finally my body seems to be saying enough. My back, shoulders and neck are in chronic pain, I wake up feeling sore, I feel disorientated, sometimes "drunk", spacey - like I am not really in my body. I feel worse if I exercise or have a massage. I have started taking minerals in ion form and MSM but it is too soon to tell whether they are helping. Where can I go and what else can I take? I have been for various treatments.
You can consult a homoepath. They will be able to treat you symptomatic and also to get to the root of the cause. Contact the allied health proffesional council in PTA to find out who is in your area.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- What the latest findings on the 501Y.V2 Covid variant mean for the development of vaccines
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- FACT CHECK | eNCA's Lindsay Dentlinger: We analysed the video that caused racist outcry - and 24 other interviews
- Coronavirus will be with us for some time, Ramaphosa tells traditional leaders
- SAA like trying to unscramble an egg, Denel basically looted, Parliament hears
- Why Bheki Cele believes criminals' rights versus those of their victims must be revisited
- Battle of the 'two chiefs': What we know about the allegations against Eskom's De Ruyter
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19401 votes