Ask an expert

24 Nov 2004

Study nutrition
Hi - I have a passion for health issues. I read books and magazines relating to "natural" health.
Anything one can do to improve quality of life and am considered quite the boff when it comes to advising on supplements and where to go for what condition etc. If anyone has a health problem I go to the library and look it up and also on the internet.
I beleive in natural products instead of drugs and indeed that most things can be 'cured' by correct nutrition.
I am in mid 50's is there something I can study to be able to be more informed and maybe even work in this field for myself? What qualifications do I need to study to be a nutritionist, or dietician. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Answer 403 views
Natural health
natural health

01 Jan 0001

Hello Den

There are quite a few courses one can do; from studying through the Technikon or Universities to doing a diploma through certain institutes. Ask around and hear what others have done, or contact the Nutritional Therapy-Association for Dietetics on 011 447 4187.

Kind regards.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19328 votes