Ask an expert

09 Mar 2007

noisy fqactory
pleez help i work in a noisy workshop.dos my employer have to provide me with any protection? Refuses to.
Answer 386 views
Workplace health expert
Occupational health expert

01 Jan 0001

There is legislation that protects you and mandates the employer to 1. measure your working envirinment (the noise levels) 2. provide protection if it exceeds legislated levels 3. measure your hearin in a prescribed manner and 4. educate and train exposed employees.

If you ar unable to get your employer to comply speak to the union or department of labour.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.