Ask an expert

19 Jul 2005

Occ Health plus safety
hi there

could you please direct me to where i can find legislative requirements and best practise guidlines for occ health and safety in a manufacturing environment, dealing specifically with welding, steel cutting, spray painting and angle grinders


Answer 373 views
Workplace health expert
Occupational Health expert

01 Jan 0001

You should famaliarise yourself with the Hazardous Chemical Substances Act, COID act and Occupational Health And SafetyAct. I would strongly suggest that you contact Occupational health Experts who should visit your premises, do a Health Risk Assessemnt and provide you with 'best practises' legal compliance and required medical surveillance and standards. This is not a DIY project. It does require expert opinion. You can contact OCSA at 011 8038305. They are national and will assist and advise. Mention that I referred you via the site. Good luck!
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.