Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
10 Dec 2005
One year old son - had stroke.
we have just been told that my one year old son probably had a stroke at birth, we had a nightmare delivery and were both lucky to survive... we are waiting to have an mri scan done in Jan, and were told that he would need to have OT and Physio once it was confirmed. i was wondering if there were exercises we could begin with in the meantime that may help in getting the ball rolling... the stroke they mentioned was hemiparesis. it seems that the stroke was on the left side of the brain as his right eye is not open properly ( he has already had one op on this as they thought it was a muscle poorly developed), his right hand is claw like and he has difficulty using it and he is weak in the right arm and leg and foot. thanking you in advance, Leanne Levy
Leanne this is unfortunately an occupational health site,not occ therapist. Please redirect to appropriate site. Much strength to you. May 2006 be full of courage and happiness for you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- THE ESKOM FILES | Money for jam: StefStocks, Basil Read accused of fleecing millions from Kusile 'scheme'
- State alleges Nafiz Modack manages criminal enterprise
- How the EFF wants to change the Constitution
- Bruce Cameron | What you need to know about disability assurance and mental health
- Unfriendly fire: Top cop Khehla Sitole, fired Crime Intelligence boss Peter Jacobs trade blame over Kinnear murder
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9474 votes
68% - 20305 votes