Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
10 Dec 2005
One year old son - had stroke.
we have just been told that my one year old son probably had a stroke at birth, we had a nightmare delivery and were both lucky to survive... we are waiting to have an mri scan done in Jan, and were told that he would need to have OT and Physio once it was confirmed. i was wondering if there were exercises we could begin with in the meantime that may help in getting the ball rolling... the stroke they mentioned was hemiparesis. it seems that the stroke was on the left side of the brain as his right eye is not open properly ( he has already had one op on this as they thought it was a muscle poorly developed), his right hand is claw like and he has difficulty using it and he is weak in the right arm and leg and foot. thanking you in advance, Leanne Levy
Leanne this is unfortunately an occupational health site,not occ therapist. Please redirect to appropriate site. Much strength to you. May 2006 be full of courage and happiness for you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- OPINION | How one tiny country streaked ahead of SA in its digital transformation
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19885 votes