Ask an expert

14 Jul 2010

Knee and Elbow pain
HI there

For the past 4 years I''ve been experiencing bad pain in my kbees and elbows while sleeping - so bad that the pain wakes me up at night and i the have to straighten my legs and arms for the pain to go away.

The strange thing is tha the pain only occurs during periods while exersizing - so If I stop exersizing for about 2 weeks.

I have asked my doctor about this on numerous occasions and they keep on telling me that it''s growing pains - but I''m 27 years old, so that doesn t make any sense to me.

Do you have any advice?
Answer 378 views
Orthopaedic Specialist Forum
Orthopaedic Specialist Forum

01 Jan 0001

Growing pains do not occur in adults like yourself.
There is no doubt that you have to see an orthopedic surgeon who will take X-rays and make a diagnosis and address the problem appropriately
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19886 votes