Ask an expert

17 Aug 2010

aged 70 I have been told I have curvature of the spine
I have slight back ache - should I /can I do anything about it
Answer 297 views
Orthopaedic Specialist Forum
Orthopaedic Specialist Forum

01 Jan 0001

Dear Lyn,
at your age one would not try to do anything to the curvature of the spine if you have only "slight back ache". You may go to a physio to treat the discomfort but the structural curvature will not change any more
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20285 votes