Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
04 Jul 2010
I have scoliosis, lordosis, osteo and disc narrowing. I am going to biokinetics and trying everything to decrease the pain without medication. Hoever, I have difficulty sleeping due to pain. Iam very scared of using medication, but the poain is killing me emotionally. How much medication is safe. The doctors prescribe excessively in my opinion. What is the happy medium between suffering and becoming dependent? I currently use trmadol about 1-2 a week. I also use adco-dol (1) every 3rd day when i cannot take it anymore. Parecetemol does not touch the pain. Please give me some guidelines as I am most worried about rebound pain. I am not really too worried about addiction. One Doctor put me on distalgesic, and told me that I would use about 90 per month for the rest of my life. Hell NO!
Medication is very necessary in dealing with your complex symptoms. However, I would strongly recommend that you consult with an osteopath in your area. Osteopathy is very effective at looking at the overall health, reducing your pain and coming up with the best management for your situation.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- Lockdowns can reduce the severity of Covid-19 epidemics – and genetic evidence proves it
- How to actually fix a lost voice, according to science (hint: lemon and honey doesn’t work)
- Covid-19 patients have a higher risk of in-hospital morbidity and mortality after surgery
- Killing Kinnear: Secret report reveals infighting contributed to cop's death
- Karyn Maughan | Mogoeng, Malema and the judges: Inside the JSC hearings that shook the judiciary
- New African Bank CEO is 'back to complete the unfinished business of transformation in SA banking'
- 'Julius Malema should be removed from JSC': 6 questions with Casac's Lawson Naidoo
- Ramaphosa on Mantashe cadre deployment comments: 'I will answer at the Zondo Commission'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19971 votes