Ask an expert

04 Jul 2005

skin problem
Hi all

i would like to know what can i use for my skin,i've got this dark marks in both my cheeks,and that happened 2yrs ago whilst i was pregnant i tried to use j&j facial scrub and tripple spf cream for day and night,drank lavita mabeauti tea,drinking a lot of water eating fruits and veges,but the marks are still there pls advice what can i do to get rid of these marks cause they are making me miserable i can't ven look at myself in the mirror cause the only thing that i see is marks pls help me.

thank you.
Answer 344 views

01 Jan 0001


A good and effective idea would be a product containing alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) such as Neostrata's range of products (e.g their pigment lightening cream). Ask at you pharmacy to order it for you - Very few pharmacies stock it, so they'll probably have to order. They can also recommend something similar.
A vitamin E containing product such as a tissue oil can also be used or combined with the AHA containing product. Treatment need to be continued over an extended period of time (6 Months +) for optimal results.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19328 votes