Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
08 Nov 2006
hello i have a question for you i have a little sinues infection and sometimes when i blow my nose when it is blocked i will have a litte blood in my mucus or if a rub my nose as well it is a little sore the doctors say it is part off the sinues and i have rhinoites as well it only happens if a blow hard or have being rubbing my nose bevause when it is runny it is clear and if i blow hard that what is happeing it goes from clear to a yellow colour with a lottle blood in it and it is thick what should i be takeing please say
Discoloured mucus in combination may be an indication of a sinus infection - You may need to get an antibiotic from your doctor.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- How to make sense of nutrition labels
- Covid-19 patients have a higher risk of in-hospital morbidity and mortality after surgery
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- How to actually fix a lost voice, according to science (hint: lemon and honey doesn’t work)
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- 'Hlophe should not only be impeached, he should be put in prison' - Kriegler
- Family finally gets justice 10 years after their three-year-old boy drowned at a North West lodge
- Meet Soweto's 'cemetery navigators' - the men attending to dilapidated graves
- High risks or picky banks: Why is microfinance not taking off in SA?
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Judge Dennis Davis: ‘To accuse the judiciary of being captured is outrageous’
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19975 votes