Ask an expert

19 Jul 2006

Transgender women
What type of female hormones are the most beneficial to help me transform from M2F.
Can you suggest any MD's in the Dbn area that aresympathetic to this cause and might be willilng to assist?
Answer 691 views
Transgender advisor
transgender advisor

01 Jan 0001

Hi Roxy,

Sorry for the delay in answering you!

Lately I found that most GP's are very symphathic or "trans-friendly" I tested it out now a few times here in Cape Town, and it is almost a case of... when I ask them if they are willing to see a TS "patient" if they really expected me to ask them something with much more complications.

As to which hormones to use, I can not really say that, firstly you need to see a doctor, and even if I was a doctor, I can not just prescribe or diagnose on-line.

I will really reccommend you to visit a doctor, even your own GP or a Endo. You can always refer them to the website of Gender DynamiX, as at the resources section is a huge amount of weblinks wrt hormones, procedures and all relevant information.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.