Ask an expert

02 Aug 2015

I am 25 years old male and I have premature ejaculation problem. What can I do for treatment of it?
I have fast ejaculation. If I am very much sexually excited ejaculation can happen also at about 1 minute. If I do sex second or third time in a row in this case duration of act can be 4-6 minutes or more, but in this case problem is that I sometimes lose erection during the act and I am much less excited, so I do not get big pleasure. I have some symptoms which, in my opinion, can have some connection with my problem of premature ejaculation: 1. I started regular sexual life very late , at age 24, (one year ago) before it was not regular, but very rare. From the age of 13 I was making regular masturbation, almost every day, until I started regular sexual life (3-4 times a week). (Now masturbation almost does not give me pleasure ) 2. I think that the head of my penis is too much sensitive, because it hurts me when it touches to my underwear, if the head of my penis is not completely covered by foreskin. From my childhood until the age of 14-15 the foreskin of my penis was narrow and I could not to make head of penis to come completely out of it . I noticed high sensitivity only after. Now it has no problem and it is very elastic. I am saying this last fact because maybe the sensitivity of my penis was because of later adaptation of penis head without cover. 3. This period I have sex 3-4 times a week. During last one year the frequency of sexual acts was the same ,but I want to have more often, minimum 6 days a week. Anyway, I am not sure this is the reason of my problem because also in the case if I do sex every day and next day I am very excited I will finish fast. 4. With oral stimulation of my penis it is very difficult for me finish, because it does not excite me very much and I need much more time to have ejaculation. 5. My body temperature normally in the morning is about 36,6 celsius, but at midday till evening it remains 37,0-37,2 celsius. Can it be the symptom of inflammation in my genitourinary system or somewhere else, or it is normal? (my general blood and urine analysis are perfect, everything in norm ) What can I do for treatment of my problem? Thank you for your attention Kind regards David
Answer 65,861 views

04 Aug 2015

First of all, you are a normal, healthy young man and there is nothing wrong with you. Early ejaculation is most often an issue when a man is young or when a relationship is relatively new. The most common and effective technique to deal with premature ejaculation due to performance anxiety is the simple "start-stop" method. The idea is to stimulate the penis manually, almost to the point of ejaculation, and then stop. After you regain composure, repeat the process - several times. Eventually, you may even want to switch from manual stimulation to masturbating with a sex toy called "Fleshlight" or the "sleeve."  You can then do the same during intercourse - lots of starting and stopping - until you and your partner are both ready for your climax. Then try again in 20 minutes and it will probably last longer the next time. Premature ejaculation is the most common sexual difficulty for males, and especially in men of your age and younger. Should you still have difficulties lasting longer after doing the above, you may want to see your doctor for a medication assessment (low dose SSRI) to help you last longer. 

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9556 votes
69% - 21503 votes