Ask an expert

30 Jun 2005

Doc!! Please help
I am a 27 year old male that was circumzised about a month ago. I have now noticed that my one hole (penis has two holes), does not allow urine through, it would seem as if it only comes through the one opening, it even looks smaller than the other. Also, when i ejaculate, it squirts out because it has only one hole to vent through and not two. Is this something to worry about and should i see a doctor?
Answer 421 views

01 Jan 0001

I don't think this has anything to do with your circumcision, but do see your doctor that performed the op and tell him about your concerns.

Most likely you were born with hypospadias, a relatively common abnormality that may affect up to 3 in 1000 newborn boys. Instead of having a urethral opening at the end of the penis, boys born with hypospadias have an opening on the underside of the shaft.

If this is a problem, the condition can be surgically corrected. Often, surgery is arranged before the child reaches school age. The surgery, performed under anesthesia, involves using a small piece of foreskin to fashion a tube to extend the urethra to the end of the penis. The original hole is most often left as is since the urethra now bypasses it. This probably explains why your penis has two holes; only one is functional.

It can sometimes be embarrassing to talk about genitals, even with our doctors, but open and honest communication is an important part of sexual health.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19330 votes