Ask an expert

28 Sep 2009

intimacy problems
good day.

i am a healthy 27 year old.
i have been dating my girlfriend for over seven years and have had a constant problem for almost the whole relationship.
i love my lady very very much and see her in a desirable light and find her very attractive. the problem is that every so often while in the heat of things i all of a sudden go soft. whilst in the heat of things all is going very well and then i all of a sudden seem to get a hot flush / some sort of nervous shock and then go soft as a result. this is really causing problems and find that as a result our relationship might end.
i have not seen any doctor or specialist about this. the only reason why she has not left me is because we really have something special and love each other very much which is why this problem with me must be sorted out.

any comments. thanks.
Answer 360 views

01 Jan 0001

clearly you care very deeply about your gal so hats of to you for that.
it seems you have an erectile problem and at your age its most important for you to exclude any medical cause for it (alot of which can be remedied). i would strongly advice you see a general practitioner/sexologist for an assessement, examination and investigation(blood tests including testosterone level).
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.