Ask an expert

11 Oct 2009

Can you please tell me, I am 6 months sexual activ now, is it bad if I haven' t seen a gynae yet?And recently while ovulating we had sexual i ntercourse and then it was really sore when his penis touched deeply into my vagina?Is there something wrong?Because it is most of the time enjoyable?I am so afraid that somethings wrong?Will there be any negative consequences from a man fingering you?
Answer 355 views

01 Jan 0001

You will need to have a sexual health check (this doesn't need to be with a gynae, it can be with a GP running a well woman's clinic - a lot less expensive and just as good for an initial screening). It is not uncommon that deep thrusting can cause some discomfort at some times and not at others, but if you want peace of mind, do go for a check up. As long as reasonable hygiene standards are maintained (e.g. clean hands, no touching vulva after touching anus), then 'fingering', or manual stimulation, should not cause any problems; it is a safe way to enjoy sexual intimacy.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19312 votes