Ask an expert

17 Dec 2002

Word not used on this site
I have written in to this site before + get the impression that the word p---y is not permitted. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I'm 35 a christian + wife of a minister. We have a great sex life + when we make love don't refer to one another's penis + vagina by those names. That's too formal. It's like me calling him " Reverant" when wer'e at home or even being intimate. We both call his penis " cocky" + my vagina "p---y". These are also terms of endearment. To us these are anything BUT dirty words. On this forum much stronger words are used such as "cock, balls, shit" etc. -all words which we never use to one another. What's the big deal with the word p---y? I just love it when my husband talks about mine + calls it that. Could someone please enlighten me. By the way, we both love this forum - keep it up. God bless.
Answer 380 views

01 Jan 0001

I want to start with a quote from my favourite book "The Vagina Monologues" by Eve Ensler.

Let's start with the word "vagina". It sounds like an infection at best, maybe a medical instrument: "Hurry Nurse, bring me the vagina". Vagina. Vagina. Doesn't matter how many times you say it, it never sounds like a word you want to say. it's a toatlly ridiculous, compeltely unsexy word. If you use it during sex, trying to be politically correct - "Darling, could you stroke my vagina?" you kill the act right there.

I like the word Vulva. Vagina is rather clinical and it also refers to the canal and not the "whole part".
Pussy is not bad. Here follows a whole list of names (complete from Vagina Monologues):
Powderbox, derriere, poochi, poopi, peepe, poopelu, poonani, pal, piche, toadie, dee dee, nishi, dignity, monkey box, coochi snorcher, cooter, labbe, VA, wee wee, nappy dugout, fanny, etc, etc.

In Bloemfontein the call her a "Roos", in Pretoria a "Blom", in Sandton a "Marigold" and in Soweto "Ekuku".
Want to continue with the list??

Elna McIntosh
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.