Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
23 Oct 2009
Hi there I think I sleep too much and very deep because there isn' t a day that passes by without having a wonderful or a nightmare dream though it has been a long time not having nightmares. In the afternoon if I have a chance of taking a nap I will definately wake up with a dream. I sometimes get muscle pull just when I get to bed. At work at times I feel like sleeping only for 10 mins then for sure I know I will get better. But of course one can' t sleep at work is a dismissal offence neh! I sleep for 10hrs at the most. What is happening to me, is it because I am lazy or have a sleep disorder? I so much have a deep sleep. I thank you Dearest Expect.
Being tired during the day despite what appears to be a good night's sleep is a good indication that the quality of sleep is a problem. There are various causes of this kind of problem, almost all of which can be treated. Not only can you be fired for it, but it makes it dangerous to be on the roads, and socially it becomes quite a big problem. You will need to see a sleep doctor, and he will probably need to send you for a sleep test so that the quality of your sleep can be monitored.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- What happens if you walk into a vaccination site? We break it down
- Do we really need to walk 10 000 steps a day?
- Over half of adults unvaccinated for Covid-19 fear needles – here’s what’s proven to help
- Many of us overestimate our exercise levels – here’s how to calculate how much you really do
- Covid-19: Delta variant symptoms include headache, runny nose – can feel 'more like a bad cold'
- THE ESKOM FILES | 'False and fabricated': How Eskom officials colluded with construction giants
- Rural areas leading the way in registering people for Covid-19 vaccinations - health dept
- Never-ending story: Zondo Commission to seek another extension – but will govt pay for it?
- SA Post Office has a new business plan, but admits losing Postbank will hurt
- Sihle Zikalala calls on the ANCYL task team to focus on SA's 'three pandemics'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9519 votes
69% - 20841 votes