Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
05 Jul 2010
I have a 10year old boy whom I don''t undesrtand his sleep as he always shakes his legs all the time during his sleep, it is so irritating as he keeps me up all the time. What can I do to stop him?
There is a condition where this happens, in which the shaking may disturb his sleep. He will need to be assessed firstly by your pediatrician, to exclude other conditions, and then he may need to be seen by a sleep doctor. Disturbed sleep can sometimes lead to learning problems.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- How to make sense of nutrition labels
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- Covid-19 patients have a higher risk of in-hospital morbidity and mortality after surgery
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- 'Hlophe should not only be impeached, he should be put in prison' - Kriegler
- Family finally gets justice 10 years after their three-year-old boy drowned at a North West lodge
- Meet Soweto's 'cemetery navigators' - the men attending to dilapidated graves
- High risks or picky banks: Why is microfinance not taking off in SA?
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Judge Dennis Davis: ‘To accuse the judiciary of being captured is outrageous’
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19975 votes