Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
12 Jul 2010
Snoring & Talking in my sleep
Dear Doc. Please could you explain whether I am needing to see an ENT Specialist due to my bad snoring.Lately I have been woken up by my snoring only to feel completely dizzie and out of breath. In the last 2 months I have been talking in my sleep and this has never ever happened to me bofore.It is extremely disturbing and I have now become afraid of falling asleep at night.I''ve tried sleeping with 3 pillows so that my head is raised higher than normal.My husband has on several occasion woken me up as he says I stop breathing.I have terrible chest pains..Now with the talking in my sleep, I''m awake 6 - 7 times at night.I''m exhausted during the day.I honestly need some advice it''s driving me insane. Thanking you.
An ENT may well be able to help your snoring. The concern is that there may be someone in addition to just simple snoring, and for that you may need a sleep specialist. If you dont have a sleep specialist nearby, then it might be the best to start off by seeing an ENT.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- Striking SAA pilots could have had almost R1bn now if they agreed to settle, leaked doc shows
- Storm in a teacup? Rooibos farmers fear the worst as they await price fate
- ANC deputy chief whip called a “fool” by EFF MPL
- There’s 'nothing special' about it: JSC feels 'no pressure' to finalise John Hlophe matter
- Will the ANCYL's new task team be able to fix the youth wing?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9428 votes
68% - 19907 votes