Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
12 Jul 2010
Snoring & Talking in my sleep
Dear Doc. Please could you explain whether I am needing to see an ENT Specialist due to my bad snoring.Lately I have been woken up by my snoring only to feel completely dizzie and out of breath. In the last 2 months I have been talking in my sleep and this has never ever happened to me bofore.It is extremely disturbing and I have now become afraid of falling asleep at night.I''ve tried sleeping with 3 pillows so that my head is raised higher than normal.My husband has on several occasion woken me up as he says I stop breathing.I have terrible chest pains..Now with the talking in my sleep, I''m awake 6 - 7 times at night.I''m exhausted during the day.I honestly need some advice it''s driving me insane. Thanking you.
An ENT may well be able to help your snoring. The concern is that there may be someone in addition to just simple snoring, and for that you may need a sleep specialist. If you dont have a sleep specialist nearby, then it might be the best to start off by seeing an ENT.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Anxiety around illness in childhood and adolescence can become chronic
- Obesity linked to increased in-hospital mortality in Covid-19 patients, especially men
- Lockdown dramatically increased stress levels and loss of sleep in mothers
- Covid-19: Move to a stricter lockdown level, experts warn as third wave looms
- Witnesses out to get me, Lucky Montana tells Zondo about his properties
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule suspension: Cue the battle of the ANC branches
- Taxpayers will foot the bill while ANC MPs 'step aside'
- Damian dilemma: Why Willemse is key to Stormers breaking duck
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9470 votes
68% - 20244 votes