Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
05 Jul 2010
very little sleep
The amount i sleep is getting progressively less. A year ago i slept for 5 hrs a nite and now about 3 hours only. I sleep at 10 pm but am up at 1 am then toss and turn and my mind races. By 6 am i may sleep again for 15 mins or so. I have been yo a sleep clinic twice and tho i snore and have symptoms of sleep apnoea i have been told i do not have itin spite of that a cpap machine was prescribed acouple of yaers ago , which stopped my snoring but did nothing for daytime tiredness etc. please help
It is not going to help going to a sleep laboratory for this - you need to be assessed by a doctor who understands sleep. All the testing can tell you is whether there is a problem WHILE you are sleeping. But your problem is that you're not getting to sleep in the first place. That sort of test cant help you for that.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- How to make sense of nutrition labels
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- Covid-19 patients have a higher risk of in-hospital morbidity and mortality after surgery
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- 'Hlophe should not only be impeached, he should be put in prison' - Kriegler
- Family finally gets justice 10 years after their three-year-old boy drowned at a North West lodge
- Meet Soweto's 'cemetery navigators' - the men attending to dilapidated graves
- High risks or picky banks: Why is microfinance not taking off in SA?
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Judge Dennis Davis: ‘To accuse the judiciary of being captured is outrageous’
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19977 votes