Ask an expert

25 Jul 2005

My brother is crazy, Drugs Problem!
My brother is 24 years old, he's been taking drugs and now he is totally insane, he speaks by himself, he doesn't was to take a bath, he goes to the public naked, he is shouting to everyone and swearing to kill. I'm trying to help him, he refuse my help, he says he doen't know who I'm.
Is there any way I can help him, can the SAPS (Police helps) any any rehabilitation centre that is not too costy.
Answer 360 views
Teen expert
teen expert

01 Jan 0001

Hi there,

if he has developed a mental health problem or mental illness because of drugs and he behaves as you describe it is best you call the police. From there they will take him to a hospital where he can be assessed and receive treatment. There are some state facilities for drug treatment, but in his condition as you describe he will not likely agree to this. Next time he behaves this way call the police and let them know he needs their help.

For further advice you can also contact the Cape Town Drug Counselling Centre on 021 447 8026

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.