Ask an expert

14 Jul 2010

Good Day

My teen is 12 she is a avrage child in her school but we moved &  she changed from school &  now all of the sudden her grades is very down the school phoned me to tell me that she has a reading problem they say that she can read well but the problem is that she does not under stand what she is reading were can i go to get some help or were can i send her if she has a reading problem

I would appreciatte it if you can let me know as soon as possible i am scared that she mite fail if she does not get help very soon

Thank you
Answer 264 views
Teen expert
Teen expert

01 Jan 0001


I would suggest that your daughter sees an Educational Psychologist for an assessment. The school should be able to recommend someone to you. A full assessment will highlight ant specific needs, and from there a plan of action can be created.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20296 votes