Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
07 Feb 2020
Struggling to lose weight
hi i am Thandeka i have been struggling with loosing weight last year i tried out a low card diet which is banting and also went to the gym to assist the banting diet but that never worked for me instead i gained weight . what could possibly be there problem is there anything that i am doing wrong? now i bought duromine 15mg and i have been taking it for 5 days now what precautions can i take to ensure that it works and i end up loosing weight?
Thank you for your message. I would recommend locating your nearest dietitian, you can visit www.adsa.co.za to find omeone suitable. A registered dietitain will be able to assist you in understanding the principles of healthy weight loss, as well as create a personalized meal plan which will help you in achieving your goals. Remember in order to lose weight you need to be in a calorie deficit, and your dietitian will be able to help you do so.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Vaccine side effects are not uncommon - so, with J&J's jab: What are they, who gets them, and why?
- Experts don't expect J&J vaccine rollout to be paused for long - but suspension the right move
- Jail me, Zuma dares ConCourt as chief justice plays politics in JSC interviews
- ANC dismissed first Gupta allegations because its 'analysis' found newspapers were racist - Mantashe
- Not having access to mental health treatment a violation of human rights - expert
- Mpumelelo Mkhabela | Attacks on our constitutional democracy: 4 strategies that are being used
- J&J wants govt letter of support before signing off on 20 million Covid-19 vaccines for SA - Mkhize
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19942 votes