Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
19 Jul 2010
do dreams play a big role in our lives..........
Yes and no, they can provide insight into things going on more subconsciously in our lives and sometimes we have prophetic dreams or visions that come from a deeper source of knowing. It is hard to separate the rice from the chaff. In yoga there are 4 states of consciousness, our normal awake state, the dream state, the unconscious state (deep sleep) and then a fourth state where one is aware in all the other states. Yoga aims at cultivating awareness so that you are able to remain aware of all the states. That is when you are dreaming you know you are dreaming. So dreams in themselves are not particularly useful but cultivating awareness in dreaming may be part of your path to enlightenment. One exercise used to cultivate awareness is to try remembering all your dreams with the hope of ultimately waking up in them. This may then allow us to work at letting go deeper subconscious patterns and conditioning and allow us to become freer. Hope this helps.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
- Adriaan Basson | The white elephant in the troubled JSC room
- INTERVIEW | New interim SAA CEO wants to make the airline something SA can 'be proud of'
- DearSA gears up for legal tussle with Dlamini-Zuma over compensation scheme
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19986 votes