Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
04 Jul 2005
is there any place i can do yoga around sandton during my lunch. is it safe since i am 11 weeks preggies
Hi Iala, many women find that yoga assists pregnancy for both the carrying period as well as the delivery so this is definitely a good move. I generally don't recommend starting a rigorous practice when you are pregnant (also you might want to wait until the completion of your first trimester to be safe) - the other option would be to seek out a specific prenatal class in your area as these classes are likely to be slower and easier to move into. As a general rule be careful of inversions and balancing postures (as much because of the danger of falling as anything else) and be sure not to place any pressure on the lower abdomen in twists or lotus position. Having said that it is also important to say that there is much diverging and contradictory advice and cautions about pregnancy within the different styles of yoga so always defer to your own body - after all, part of yoga is learning to listen to it... I don't know of specific classes in your area but suggest Link Up magazine, Pregnancy magazines or your local classifieds or asking at local health stores - there is bound to be some classes in the Sandton area.
All the best.
All the best.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Five a day: Two fruits and three vegetables daily linked to greater life expectancy
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Immune response in some Covid-19 patients different to those in other respiratory viruses - study
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Electoral Bill seeks to protect voters' personal info 'from unreasonable disclosures'
- 'Mama, I'm going to play' - final words young boy spoke to his mom before drowning
- Move to Level 1 won't move the dial on growth outlook – economists
- Covid-19: Why Solidarity's vaccine procurement plan may not be feasible
- Brian Molefe adamant that Ramaphosa's 'influence' was used to seal dodgy coal deal
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9371 votes
67% - 19387 votes