Ask an expert

19 Jul 2005

I have scoliosis of the spine and my doc told me to do pilates. WHere are classes of a trained instructor (Pysiotherapist) in JHB near Linden?

Also could Yoga do the same for me?
Answer 264 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Sam - unfortunately I don't know of any trained Pilates instructors in your area but perhaps some of the other forum members might? Yoga would definitely also be an option since it is also one of the few exercise regimes that work at lengthening, strengthening and twisting the spine as well as developing alignment. Take a look at or try to locate an experienced and knowledgeable teacher in your area.
All the best.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.