Vital Allergy Ease, a high-potency, anti-allergy herbal, multivitamin and -mineral supplement is a condition-specific supplement developed by trusted and leading vitamin and nutritional supplement manufacturer, Vital Health Foods. It’s scientifically developed to support relief from hay fever and sinusitis symptoms, as well as allergic reactions caused by dust, pollen, feathers and other environmental factors.
This product joins numerous other successful Vital supplements in their ever-expanding condition-specific category and is available in 30s packs from leading pharmacies, health shops and supermarkets.
Allergic reactions are triggered by immune system malfunctions. Mucus membranes in the respiratory system act as the body’s first line of defence when an allergen, such as mould, smoke, dust, feathers, pollen or pollution, is inhaled. When these mucus membranes get irritated by an allergen, they produce excessive amounts of mucus to help move out the trespassers, e.g. via sneezing or a runny nose.
“When excessive mucus gets channelled out through tiny channels from our sinuses, the channels sometimes get blocked,” says Andrea du Plessis, a dietician and product specialist at Vital Health Foods. “This may lead to mucus build-up, which in turn results in pressure, inflammation and serious discomfort.”
Vital Health Foods recommends their new anti-allergy supplement, Vital Allergy Ease, for sinusitis and hay fever. This supporting supplement contains:
- Grapeseed extract, packed with antioxidants which have decongestive properties and help support immune function.
- Stinging nettle root extract (Urtica dioica), used as a medical treatment since ancient times. It is known to have diuretic and cleansing properties, thus assisting with decreasing inflammation.
- MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane), shown to have mild anti-inflammatory properties.
- Omega 3 fatty acids, found in fish oil. They have mild anti-inflammatory properties.
- Astragalus(Astragalus membranaceus), frequently used in Traditional Chinese Medicine as an aid to balance the immune system.
- Eyebright (Euphrasia officinalis), used for centuries in Europe to help manage eye infections, other eye-related irritations, swollen nasal mucous membranes and sinusitis.
- Quercitin, a major flavonol antioxidant with decongesting and immune-support properties.
“Because the immune system is implicated in allergic reactions, supporting your immune system is crucial. Remember that people are more prone to allergies and sinusitis with the change of seasons and increase in pollen, mould and dust, so stock up on immune-supporting nutrients today,” advises du Plessis.
- Vital Health Foods press release
(Health24, November 2010)