Food lovers from all over the country will be flocking to this year’s Good Food & Wine Show Cape Town to see Gordon Ramsay, Mr Hell’s Kitchen, in action at the Cape Town International Convention Centre, 13-16 May.
The country’s biggest interactive food, wine and lifestyle exhibition is set to break records with the first ever public appearance of one of the most recognised chefs in the world, brought to you by The Good Food & Wine Show in association with Samsung.
Ramsay will be doing live demonstrations in the Chefs in Action Theatre (in association with Samsung, Pick n Pay, Afrox Handigas, Boardmans, Alchemy of Gold, One&Only and Top Billing), and will also host a number of book signings.
BBC celebrity chefs
He is part of a sensational line-up of BBC Lifestyle celebrity chefs attending the show this year. The others are master pâtissier Eric Lanlard, star of Glamour Puds; Reza Mahammad, Indian culinary wizard and owner of The Star of India in London; Michelin Star Italian chef Giorgio Locatelli who features in Tony and Giorgio; chocolate wizard Willie Harcourt-Cooze, star of Willie’s Wonky Chocolate Factory and Patrick Williams, who specialises in Caribbean-style food. All the international celebrity chefs will be staying at the One&Only, South Africa’s premiere urban chic resort.
These chefs will join local chefs and celebrities as the show brings the very latest in international trends to South African gourmands and good life devotees.
The show will be entirely interactive.
"Our visitors get to taste, sample, experience and experiment," explains Christine Cashmore, founder and CEO of Good Food & Wine Show. "And they get the opportunity to cook with the BBC celebrity chefs at our hands-on workshops where numbers are limited to 10 per session."
This year’s show highlights include:
- Chefs in Action Theatre - featuring live demonstrations by BBC Lifestyle chefs and top SA chefs.
- Get Fresh with BBC Lifestyle - exciting hands-on workshops for just 12 people in state-of-the-art kitchens fitted out with ELBA cooking appliances – must be pre-booked!
- Celebrity Chefs’ Restaurant - menu designed by visiting chefs including Gordon Ramsay, Eric Lanlard, Reza Mahammad, Giorgio Locatelli, and Willie Harcourt-Cooze.
- On Your Marks Get Set Cook - chefs prepare a three course meal in under 30 minutes with a bag of surprise ingredients sponsored by Pick n Pay from their range of free-range eggs, imported cheeses and butcher and deli meats.
- Grolsch Beer & Food Theatre - beer and food pairing, with Cotswold brewer Jim Davies
- Interactive Cocktail Arena - sponsored by Roses & Monis - mix your own cocktails!
- Outdoor Theatre - sponsored by Sedgwick’s, Spekko, Weber and Pasella.
- CBeebies Little Cooks Club - cooking classes, cake decorating, a supervised crèche and appearances by CBeebies presenter Sid Sloane.
- The Great Wine Sale - stock your wine cellar with premium wines from SA’s top wine estates at bargain prices!
- Alchemy of Gold Brandy Theatre - taste a variety of local and international premium brandies, learn about food & brandy pairing and how to make brandy cocktails.
- The Stellenbosch Slow Food Market - featuring the best of local fresh produce
- 101 Ways with Vanilla Ice-cream - sponsored by Nestlé, celeb chefs, including Eric Lanlard, will demonstrate the versatility of vanilla ice-cream.
- Books for Cooks - buy great cookbooks signed by the chefs who wrote them!
- The Top Billing Mercedes Benz Garden Party - state of the art meeting point.
Cashmore says that this will be the biggest Good Food & Wine Show to date.
"We are expecting up to 55 000 visitors over the four days. Visitors need to ensure that they book the Gordon Ramsay demos and hands-on workshops with our celebrity chefs in advance as these are certain to be hugely popular."
The Gordon Ramsay VIP Experience includes free show entry, a free wine glass, a VIP ticket to watch Ramsay live in the Chefs in Action Theatre, an autographed Gordon Ramsay cookbook and a printed apron.
Visit www.gourmetsa.com for more information or to book online, or call 021 797 4500.
- (The Good Food and Wine Show, May 2010)