If you've decided to be the one who teaches your teen to drive, the American Automobile Association offers these guidelines:
- Select the route in advance and make a practice run without your child.
- Before you begin driving, review the objectives of each session with your teen.
- Practice in an empty parking lot before moving to streets.
- Practice in light traffic before going to areas with heavy traffic.
- Give directions to turn at least one block in advance.
- Monitor the traffic, ahead, around and behind you.
Hit the road - safely
(Ilse Pauw, Health24)