While there have been big advances in hair restoration procedures, much still depends on the individual surgeon's technique, according to the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.
Read: Balding: True or false?
Here's what you should ask any prospective hair transplant surgeon:
- How long has he or she been doing hair restoration?
- How many procedures has he done?
- How busy is he lately? A busy practice may be a sign that the surgeon is skilled and well-regarded by his patients.
- Is hair restoration the physician's only practice?
- Can he provide the names of patients as references?