Haben Girma was the first deaf-blind student to graduate from Harvard Law School. Today the Eritrean-American fights for better education for deaf-blind people worldwide. Here she communicates with President Obama at the White House at a reception to mark the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- As SA records second monkeypox case, scientists warn virus is mutating faster than expected
- Vitamin supplements: Experts say unless you have a real deficiency, you’re likely wasting your money
- 'I don't know how I made it out alive.' A woman shares her Rahima Moosa Hospital experience
- Grazing, gorging or skipping: Which is better for weight loss?
- Covid reinfections may be more severe for some – but overall evidence doesn’t give cause for concern
- Eskom's strike headache worsens as cracks within labour start to appear
- Ramaphosa mum on Phala Phala in affidavit fending off Mkhwebane's bid to reverse removal
- SA's crippling power cuts: Snuki Zikalala turns up pressure on ANC over Eskom crisis
- Day Zero disaster: Nelson Mandela Bay fixes over 2000 leaks in just nine days but residents demand more
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Mr SA turned Pumas coach Jimmy Stonehouse on journey to Currie Cup victory
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
27% - 9954 votes
73% - 26314 votes