Have a sore throat? Luckily, there are quite a few simple home remedies that can bring relief.
Gargle with one of these mixtures for pain relief:
* 1 to 2 teaspoons (t) of dried sage leaves steeped in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes (strain and cool until lukewarm)
* 1 t of dried camomile steeped in 1 cup of warm water
* 2 t of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of warm water; juice of one lemon in 1 cup of warm water
* 1 tablespoon (T) of pure horseradish, 1 t of honey, 1 tsp of ground cloves in 1 cup of warm water
* half a lemon, 1 T of salt, 1/4 t of cayenne pepper in 1/2 cup of warm water; or 2 tablets of crushed aspirin in 1 cup of warm water.