Millions of South Africans suffer from anxiety disorders. We invited Proff Soraya Seedat and Christine Lochner from the MRC's Unit on Anxiety and Stress Disorders to host a special guest expert forum on these disorders. Here are a few of the 58 questions received:
- How can I get my girlfriend to calm down when she has an anxiety attack at night?
- Is there a cure for OCD?
- My anxiety is interfering with my legal practice, please help
- I have OCD. What can I do to prevent my children from also developing this condition?
- How can I overcome my fear of driving?
- Stage fright - please help
- I was raped and now everything makes me anxious. Please help!
- What is cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)?
- I relive the past repeatedly. Does this happen to other people?
- I avoid people because my head shakes and twitches. Any help?
- I get these strange anxiety attacks out of the blue. What must I do?
- I was held up and have been on edge ever since. Is this normal?
- I have OCD and am sick of feeling drugged up. Are there any treatments other than meds?
Want to know more? View the full forum here.
Click here to learn more about anxiety disorders.