You’re unlikely to need extra sodium in your diet – if anything, most people ingest too much of it in the form of table salt or salt added to tinned foods, nuts and chips. But vigorous exercise in the heat can cause you to lose it through sweating. Prolonged illness, especially diahrroea and vomiting can do the same.
- Had Covid-19 already? SA warned natural immunity unlikely to protect against reinfection with Omicron
- Covid-19: Reinfections three times more likely with Omicron variant, early research finds
- Omicron variant: Why everyone still needs to be vaccinated, even if they've had Covid-19
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Why are you always hungry?
- Covid-19: Scientists raise alarm over increased admission rate among children
- Cele slams Crime Intelligence, says they were well-funded prior to July unrest
- Beitbridge fence contractors back in business, no longer on Treasury’s barred list
- This too Shell pass - fight to stop Wild Coast seismic survey is not over
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Outgoing NWU principal Dan Kgwadi: 'Change the stereotype around black leaders'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
29% - 9753 votes
71% - 24010 votes