Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
Have two middle fingers SO stiff can only bend from straight-up down 90 degrees into the palm. Can NOT make a fist. Main stiffness/pain in knuckles & upper finger bones. Tests have so far proven; X Rays Have shown mild Osteo-Arthritis in the middle 2 fingers but not significant enough to cause this lack of movement. Carpel tunnel test has definitely proven but NOT the cause of immobility of fingers. Plastic Surgeon has NO IDEA why fingers effectively locked. MRI on hand shows mild Tinosinovitis but not significant to cause immobility. Physiotherapist 100% flummoxed as to why immobility when NONE of the test/diagnosis are even above ‘mild’? Have tries Accupuncture & Physio little to no progress!! Now trying World Wide Web for suggestions???
You have flexor tenosynovitis and a cortisone injection into the flexor tendon sheath will give you tremendous amount of relief.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid vaccine safety in SA: If there is a link between a death, and a recent jab, it will be probed
- Prior Covid-19 infection may not provide long-term protection against reinfection, study shows
- Covid-19: Delta variant symptoms include headache, runny nose – can feel 'more like a bad cold'
- Seven tips for choosing healthier drinks, and avoiding that hangover
- The EVDS will schedule your appointments for the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine 6 weeks apart. Here’s why
- Covid-19: Too late to put in tighter restrictions on Gauteng - experts
- State Security Minister Dlodlo wants to smoke out information peddlers among spooks
- Mandy Wiener | We've declared war on Covid, so where is the wartime efficiency for vaccine rollout?
- Nolwandle Mthombeni | How the launch of SA's first woman-owned bank became a nightmare of bad PR
- Lining up sponsorships for The New Age was not my call – Malusi Gigaba to Zondo
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9523 votes
69% - 20934 votes