Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
Bio Strath and prostrate cancer
Can someone who's recently diagnosed with prostate cancer start using bio Strath...have read it's positive reviews overall, can it help someone with prostate cancer?
Dear Anonymous, Thank you for your question. Biostrath is a 100% natural, herbal yeast supplement that contains many of the nutrients that one's body needs, e.g. 11 vitamins; 20 amino-acids; and 19 minerals and trace elements. There is no reason why someone diagnosed with prostate cancer could not take Biostrath, however, it is important that, while on cancer treatment, one should not take any supplements or any other over-the-counter medication without informing one's treating physician. He/she is in the best position to advise whether there is any possibility of interaction between the cancer medication and any supplement or over-the-counter medication. (MCH).
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid vaccine safety in SA: If there is a link between a death, and a recent jab, it will be probed
- Prior Covid-19 infection may not provide long-term protection against reinfection, study shows
- Covid-19: Delta variant symptoms include headache, runny nose – can feel 'more like a bad cold'
- The EVDS will schedule your appointments for the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine 6 weeks apart. Here’s why
- Five nutrition mistakes you make when you start exercising
- Covid-19: Too late to put in tighter restrictions on Gauteng - experts
- State Security Minister Dlodlo wants to smoke out information peddlers among spooks
- Mandy Wiener | We've declared war on Covid, so where is the wartime efficiency for vaccine rollout?
- Nolwandle Mthombeni | How the launch of SA's first woman-owned bank became a nightmare of bad PR
- Lining up sponsorships for The New Age was not my call – Malusi Gigaba to Zondo
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9523 votes
69% - 20933 votes