Ask an expert

14 Aug 2020

Burning breast
Both of my breasts burn inside. I went for a breast cancer test but they could not find any lumps inside. I fell a few years ago while jogging. My GP said I strain a muscle. But the burning feeling is no worst. What can I do?
Answer 775 views
Cancer expert

18 Aug 2020

Dear Ms Koopman, You unfortunately do not say what "breast cancer test" was done following your visit to your GP. It is suggested that you visit a health professional for a thorough clinical breast examination and also request that you be referred for a mammogram. You should also request a health professional to instruct you how to do a breast self-examination which you should faithfully do once a month. (MCH).
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19305 votes