Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
Too much Ozium air sanitizing spray-will I be OK?
My roommate sprayed Ozium sanitizer spray which is Triethylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, isoproponol, and some other chemicals around 30 minutes before I came in the room and I noticed the room smelled really strongly and I had a mild irritation in my throat/eyes. I left the building after a couple minutes because the scent was bothering me. He later told me he was just supposed to spray it for only 1 second few seconds but he walked around spraying it for around 20-30 seconds having not read the directions. I have had some mild nausea after that went away quickly but I had a headache for most of the day. The bottle has warnings on it that seem scary to me. I am panicking that my headache means I have brain damage and that the eye burning could have damaged my eyes. I wasn't in the room when the aerosol was being sprayed which is good but the fact that he accidently used 20-30 times the recommended amount is freaking me out. Anyone have any insight regarding this? Thanks!
Yes, it is a dangerous amount that he sprayed, but luckily you came into the room after 30 minutes, and not immediately. You should not experience any permanent damage due to the exposure, but if you still have a headache and eye irritation, rather go to the emergency unit. Good luck and stay safe.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- What the latest findings on the 501Y.V2 Covid variant mean for the development of vaccines
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- FACT CHECK | eNCA's Lindsay Dentlinger: We analysed the video that caused racist outcry - and 24 other interviews
- Coronavirus will be with us for some time, Ramaphosa tells traditional leaders
- SAA like trying to unscramble an egg, Denel basically looted, Parliament hears
- Why Bheki Cele believes criminals' rights versus those of their victims must be revisited
- Battle of the 'two chiefs': What we know about the allegations against Eskom's De Ruyter
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19399 votes