Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
Good day. I have had swollen gums for 3 months now round about the same time that I am due to ovulate, however I am on the pill (Yas Plus). I have read it can be due to increased estrogen and progesterone, is this true? I cant take this agony anymore and my mouth and gums are so sore. Please advise.
Swollen gums due to increased hormone levels does occur however it's usually not so severe. In your case it may be caused by other factors. See your dentist.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- OPINION | How one tiny country streaked ahead of SA in its digital transformation
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19885 votes