Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
28 Oct 2021
Tiny "lump" on tongue
My daughter, 6, had a small white lump on the tip of her tongue. Our pediatrician and dentist both said it will go away by itself. That was two years ago and now it has grown a bit. No pain or discomfort but I am worried. The visible part of the lump may measure around 1.5mm-2mm in size now. It grew from almost a dot. It looks like an enlaged papillea, but it is just one piece and I can feel that it is sort of "embedded" in the tongue when I touch it.
Have her seen by an oral medicine specialist or a maxillofacial specialist. Contact the Dental Association on 011-484-5288 for one close to you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Hypertension, the ‘silent killer’: Top tips to help you get an accurate blood pressure reading
- What the latest Covid-19 stats can tell us - and what they can’t
- A psychopath's brain is biologically different from regular humans, new study finds
- Burnout: Why we need to stop neglecting our wellbeing
- Bullying: Why most people do nothing when they witness it – and how to take action
- War veterans hostage drama: Makwetla baffled as NPA drops charges after 'ANC-brokered deal'
- Eastern Cape health dept sits on R17m to pay board members - but they have not received a cent in 7 months
- Melanie Verwoerd | R22m for a flag? Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea?
- SA's economic outlook over the next year: Three steps forward, two steps back
- Opposition bays for prosecutions following Zondo reports, but EFF attacks judiciary
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
28% - 9929 votes
72% - 25889 votes