Ask an expert
Question

30 Mar 2020

Could bleach contaminate trifle?
Hi I am 6 months pregnant, I made a bowl of trifle and left it on my kitchen work top. With cling film draped over it. My mother put a drop of bleach in the washing up bow with some hot water (about 3ft from where the trifle was). We all had the trifle which smelt and tasted fine. But I am now worried that my baby could have been affected, some how, i.e if the smell of the bleach some how affected the trifle! Please can you help from a worried Mum. Ps I eat the trifle about 3 weeks ago and have had no adverse symptoms etc.