Ask an expert

10 Apr 2015

How do I get my child back?
My 13 year old daughter recently moved in with her dad (she has lived with me for the past 12 years). Her dad and I were never married. She is doing poorly at school now (failed her first term) and I'm genuinely worried about her under his care as they are 7 people living in a 3 bedroom apartment. I let her go to her dad, as I was afraid of having a rebellious and resentful teenager, but now I am truly regretting my decision. We have never been to Court regarding guardianship or maintenance, we both contribute equally to her needs (but regularly argue about this). How do I go about getting her back home with me legally and instilling a Court Order regarding maintenance?
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19305 votes