Ask an expert

25 Jan

Male infertility oligoteratozoospermia
My husband is suffering from oligoteratospermia ,we have been trying to conceive naturally . Fertility clinic is expensive and we currently saving up. Is there anything you can recomend that my husband can take to help with his condition in the mean time?
Fertility expert
Fertility expert

01 Feb

Dear Candice,

There are medications that one may use in order to boost sperm counts and morphology and could assist you to possibly conceive naturally. You will however require a prescription for these medications. Fertility treatment is expensive but you could do the initial consultation in the meantime just to get an idea about what assisted reproductive treatment you will require and to get a prescription in the interim. In addition it is important to institute lifestyle changes such as diet and exercise, weight loss if overweight, stopping smoking if a smoker and stopping alcohol consumption. All of these have been shown to improve sperm parameters.

Answered by Dr T Mohamed
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19305 votes