- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
There is only one way to approach the problem - it is essential to get a proper diagnosis by experts of what is causing the headaches. To get to the root of the problem, it is necessary to undergo an in-depth diagnosis to determine exactly where the pain is coming from. There are so many different structures in the head and neck, all of which can be involved in the headache process, that no single specialist can have all the knowledge necessary to make a comprehensive assessment and diagnosis. For instance, a neurologist will examine the brain and nervous system, a physiotherapist will look at the muscles, a dentist will examine the teeth etc. For this reason, the “multidisciplinary assessment” combines and integrates the knowledge of different specialists who would normally treat headache patients in isolation, into a single more comprehensive body of knowledge. This enables the team to provide a co-ordinated treatment plan, so that all the contributing factors are addressed.
This assessment must include a thorough examination of the head and neck muscles to determine the presence of abnormal muscle tension, and of the external carotid vasculature to determine whether there is an arterial element to the pain.
To contact The Headache Clinic for an accurate diagnosis and effective treatment call 011 484 0933, or e-mail to email@example.com
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- OPINION | How one tiny country streaked ahead of SA in its digital transformation
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent