Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- ADHD Expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Asthma Expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Cough Expert
- Oral health expert
- Depression expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
- Oral health expert
- Sex expert
- Sinusitis Expert
16 Dec 2020
I've been having pain and what feels like swelling in my left temple on and off for about a week or so now. It sometimes feels numb and that sensation can carry down to my cheek. I also have dizzy spells that can occur when I'm moving or sitting still. I have a prescription for Imitrex that I've taken and sometimes it seems to help and other times i does nothing. I've had a CT scan which came back good. I also met with a neurologist this morning who has scheduled me for an MRI and MRA but the soonest they can get me in to do this is a month from now. I'm terrified that there is something wrong like an aneurysm. The neurologist seems to think its because I have so much tension in my neck and shoulders that it's causing the nerves to flare up. Any other ideas as to what you think could be going on? My anxiety has been horrible since this has started happening and I have no idea how I'm going to make it another month before I have the scans done. The anxiety of something serious being wrong is affecting my daily life in a terrible way, please help!!!
First let me reassure you that the symptoms you have described are most likely to be caused by tension in the jaw muscles. Just put jour fingertip on your temple and bite your teethe together a few times, and you will feel the muscle working under your fingertip.
Your symptoms are not what would be caused by an aneurysm, and you can rest assured that the MRI and MRA will be negative. PLEASE STOP WORRYING!!!
If you like you are welcome to call me on 0825555763 - Dr Elliot Shevel
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Small clinical study finds that ivermectin has potential - to decrease viral load
- Asked and answered: Six things you need to know about the new Covid variant in South Africa
- Five nutrition mistakes you make when you start exercising
- How a healthy brain paralyses you while you sleep
- New research identifies six subtypes of diabetes and could help treat at-risk individuals
- EXCLUSIVE | Bidvest company, Mantashe's foundation rocked by corruption claims
- Children's Institute raises alarm over child support grant ID crisis
- Ramaphosa: 'We do not know for sure at what pace we will be able to vaccinate the population'
- Killing Kinnear: Slain cop's widow's quest for answers hits Parliament
- IAN MANN REVIEWS | 50 people who messed up SA
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9324 votes
67% - 18750 votes