Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
04 May 2021
Hi Tereza, trust you are well. quick question i have, for my son who is 1 year 5 months now and is not drinking breast milk / nor formula how can we go about that he refuses to drink formula milk and basically outgrown his moms breasts.
I assume you want to know about calcium intake? A child between 1 and 3 needs about 700mg/d.
He can get that in other foodstuffs e.g. green leafy veg, other dairy e.g. cheese, yoghurt etc.
Don't know whether he is a fussy eater as well?
I suggest you speak to a dietitian for other options. Not all kids like milk!
Hope this points you in the right direction!
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Hypertension, the ‘silent killer’: Top tips to help you get an accurate blood pressure reading
- What the latest Covid-19 stats can tell us - and what they can’t
- A psychopath's brain is biologically different from regular humans, new study finds
- Burnout: Why we need to stop neglecting our wellbeing
- Bullying: Why most people do nothing when they witness it – and how to take action
- War veterans hostage drama: Makwetla baffled as NPA drops charges after 'ANC-brokered deal'
- Eastern Cape health dept sits on R17m to pay board members - but they have not received a cent in 7 months
- Melanie Verwoerd | R22m for a flag? Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea?
- SA's economic outlook over the next year: Three steps forward, two steps back
- Opposition bays for prosecutions following Zondo reports, but EFF attacks judiciary
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
28% - 9929 votes
72% - 25889 votes