Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
Hip caves in on right side
Hello, for awhile I have had a huge gap/dent in only my right hip. It’s like my muscles just completely drop off below the iliac crest on the side, and come back on the lower butt. Some things that may be contributing; my PSIS protrudes more on one side and there has been a small non painful bruise where I can feel the bone, I’m guessing from it pushing outward? I also have knock knees that are much worse on the right side, and my gluteal muscles are weaker on the right side. I thought it was just deep hip dips, but it’s only on the right and they go all the way around almost to the back. My right knee also sits a tiny bit lower than my left, it seems like that leg is longer/lower than my left. I’ve seen that maybe my pelvis may be higher on the left side, or rotated to the right and over my right femur, causing my right iliac crest to push further outward than my femur, creating the gap? I’ve been doing gluteal strengthening exercises and hip stretches but the dent isn’t filling or anything.
I suggest you have a good check-up with your GP and possibly some x-rays to see whether there is a problem with your alignment/scoliosis etc? He will be better equipped to make a meaningful suggestion and possible referral.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid vaccine safety in SA: If there is a link between a death, and a recent jab, it will be probed
- Prior Covid-19 infection may not provide long-term protection against reinfection, study shows
- Covid-19: Delta variant symptoms include headache, runny nose – can feel 'more like a bad cold'
- The EVDS will schedule your appointments for the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine 6 weeks apart. Here’s why
- Seven tips for choosing healthier drinks, and avoiding that hangover
- Covid-19: Too late to put in tighter restrictions on Gauteng - experts
- State Security Minister Dlodlo wants to smoke out information peddlers among spooks
- Mandy Wiener | We've declared war on Covid, so where is the wartime efficiency for vaccine rollout?
- Nolwandle Mthombeni | How the launch of SA's first woman-owned bank became a nightmare of bad PR
- Lining up sponsorships for The New Age was not my call – Malusi Gigaba to Zondo
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9523 votes
69% - 20933 votes