Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
How long can I continue taking Fosavance tablets? I have been taking them for more than 3 years now.
We usually recommend bisphosphonate use to not be longer than 5 years, but depending on your risk factors, bone density etc, your dr can then evaluate whether you should continue with bone active medication or not and if necessary switch you to another drug or put you on a drug "holiday".
Hope this helps!
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Hypertension, the ‘silent killer’: Top tips to help you get an accurate blood pressure reading
- Covid-19: Around 10% of hospitalised patients readmitted or die within 30 days - Canadian study
- Countries with lower-than-expected vaccination rates show unusually negative attitudes to vaccines on Twitter
- The next five years: 3 likely pandemic scenarios, outlined by a panel of 20 experts
- South Africa's Covid-19 resurgence: Is the worst over? We asked the experts
- Mkhize Inc: Inside minister's sprawling empire where wife sits on multimillion-rand throne
- ‘Melkbos Monster’ | It’s D-Day for embattled crèche as Hervormde Church decides its tenant’s fate
- Zweli Mkhize has had years of brushes with scandal and murder allegations - but no handcuffs
- Standard Bank ghost accounts: Staff insist wrongdoing was more widespread
- Law and Zondo: How chief justice's son wasn't pressured away from cricket ambitions
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
28% - 9934 votes
72% - 25926 votes