Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- ADHD Expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Asthma Expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Cough Expert
- Oral health expert
- Depression expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
- Sex expert
- Sinusitis Expert
- Sleep disorders expert
09 Aug 2020
Have UTI now slight difficulty urinating
Hi Doc I am 49 year old male, started having urge to need to go a urinate frequently last week, only got to go to Doc on Thursday. Urine test shows there was white bloods cells in urine, he gave me Antibiotics, i didn't have a problem to urinate but it has now changed as i am finding it difficult to urinate, also have slight burning pain in lower abdomen. There is no problem with ejaculation so i do not think anything is wrong with prostate. No other pain as well. could this feeling of not been able to urinate and weak Urine stream be because of the UTI.
It might do.
Not normal for you to be having these symptoms.
A visit to the Urologist and a physical examination and ultrasound would be useful.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- A woman died not long after getting Covid-19 from transplanted lungs
- Long Covid: In some people with mild illness, symptoms can linger for up to 9 months, study
- Are Covid-19 immunity and vaccination passports our ticket to freedom?
- SA scientists testing traditional medicine to fight Covid-19 – with promising early results
- More than 20.5 million years of life lost to Covid-19, according to researchers
- Crime Intelligence: Peter Jacobs heads to court to halt disciplinary action amid claims of criminality
- BUDGET | Plenty of 'welcome' surprises but did Mboweni dig himself a hole with social grants?
- INTERVIEW | Auto Pedigree owner says 'life’s okay' even after car sales hit record low
- Zondo commission hears why it was a 'challenge' to hold Lynne Brown 'accountable'
- Mpumelelo Mkhabela | Why Zondo Commission is likely to test ANC's notion of 'collective responsibility'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19305 votes